What is the Tao Khu Cabinet?
Before we know what “Tao Khu” means, we will briefly introduce you a 6 Thai-style Cabinet legs.
- Khamu: This edge of the cabinet’s legs is straight square legs.
- Khamu with drawer: This one is the same as the regular “Khamu” one mentioned above but just adds the drawer on the base.
- Singha Leg. We call it “outward turning” in which the legs of the cabinet are similar to the Singha(Lion). The legs are also carved in the lion’s nails and fingers.
- Singha Leg with Drawer: This one is similar to the regular Singha legs but also just adds the drawer on the base.
- Singha base: This one has no legs but the cabinet was put on the wooden base which is carved like the legs and mount of the lion.
- Tao Khu: is a cabinet with a section of the upper leg next to the bottom edge that is square and the outer corners is removed and which makes them look slightly rounded or we easily know as a “Inward Turning
Why choose this Tao Khu Cabinet ?
A beautiful “Tao Khu” cabinet can be a nice decoration of your bed room or living room to show your lovely friends or sweet neighborhood of this unique Thai antique cabinet.Furthermore, it may serve as a useful storage space in your home for your books and other treasured possessions.
A place for antique gems – PAPAYA Studio
Papaya Studio is Thailand’s largest antique warehouse since 1981. They have been in business for almost half a century. There are 4 stories filled with pieces of vintage and antiques. It is home to not thousands, but millions of antique pieces. All kinds of antique, art and retro items can be found here.
Many visitors say that Papaya Studio is not just an antique store but it is like a museum. This is a must visit place and is a place for awesome collections of antique items that you can and can’t imagine. You might find some items that flash back your memories!