Get to know the artist ‘Chalah Chaveesuk’
Chaveesuk has had 20 years of working in the art field and has now established his own studio as a tangible result of his creativity. 956 Contemporary art is open to view on the 3rd floor of River City Bangkok, the studio presents his current artworks and some ongoing projects as well.
He has started to incorporate abstract styles into his work, implementing them along with his distinct technique in colors. “From the first step of the process to the last step, I have no idea what the results will look like. I follow the flow of paintbrush and let my emotions take over. Sometimes the starting point is completely different from the end result and that is the beauty of abstract art for me,” Chalah states. The artist involves meditation within his work process — revealing that it helps calm his mind and relax his body, which would enable him to produce better art. His work is mostly up to interpretation — “Some view it as ocean waves, some see just a pop of colour while some see the bigger picture and admire the overall beauty. Everyone is different therefore meanings will obviously vary,” Chalah comments on his concept.
What separates Chaveesuk from other artists is his choice in color – the tones and hues that he chose to use are all premium grade paint that compares directly to gemstones. This fits in correlation with his fascination for gems and the pigment of each stone, this idea became the foundation of his work and provided the right shades for his concept.
Check out his studio: the 956 Contemporary Art, 3rd Floor at River City Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2002 – Annual Art Exhibition 2002, Morehead Art Guild, Kentucky, United States
- 2005 – The Nude International Exhibition, Lexington Art League, Kentucky, United States
- 2007 – UNKC National Juried Exhibition, University of Missouri Art Gallery, Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- 2008 – Anonymous Drawing N*9, Kunstraum Kreuzberg/ Betanien, Berlin, Germany
–Texas National 2008, Stephen F Austin Status University, Texas, United States
–Naestved International Exhibition of Contemporary Printmaking, Naestved, Denmark
- 2009 – Printzero Exchange 6, Travel exhibition, multi-states, United States
–The Anatomy of …, International print exchange, multi-states, United States
- 2011 – Counter Point, Adrirondack Community College, New York, United States
- 2016 – Limitless Art Showcase, One Impression Art Gallery, Cha-Am, Thailand
- 2017 – Balance, Jamjuree Art Gallery, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
– Couple, RCB Galleria, River City Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2021 – 11th Lessedra International Mixed Media Exhibition, Lessedra Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
– Something In The Air, RCB Galleria,River City Bangkok, Thailand
– Find Arts, The Street, Bangkok, Thailand
Solo Exhibition :
- 2003 – Nuiism, Morehead State University, Kentucky, United St
- 2007 – The Myths of Thailand printmaking Exhibition, Slugfest Art Gallery, Austin, Texas, United States
– The Myths of Thailand, Trisolini Gallery, Ohio University, Ohio, United States
- 2011 – จ๊ะเอ๋ (Ja-Aey), Bangkok Art And Culture Center (BACC), Bangkok, Thailand
- 2012 – พุทธะ ณ ปัจจุบัน (Buddhism_Today), Cicada Art Space, Huahin, Thailand
- 2017 –
Inner Peace, So Sofitel hotel, Huahin, Thailand
- 2019 – Get Lucky, YuYuan Art Gallery, Lhong1919, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2022 – Joy of Meditation, Rock The Art Gallery, Thonglor13, Bangkok, Thailand